The town hall, whose origins date back to the 11th century, is located directly on the fish market. The town hall was first mentioned in 1275 and was considered the political centerpiece of the medieval metropolis in Erfurt. Today, the seat of the city administration is located in the neo-gothic building.
January 7, 2018
The neo-Gothic town hall at the fish market was built 1870-1874. Its origins date back to the 11th century. Well-preserved murals depict stories from the life of Luther. In the ballroom pictures of the history of Erfurt can be seen. The town hall can be visited as part of guided tours.
December 4, 2017
Originally, perhaps as early as the 11th century, a purchase and assembly house stood in its place. So Rathaus it is first mentioned in writing in 1275. Until 1581 it developed into a spacious building complex. In the years 1705/06 a new, last wing cultivation was added. Thus the old town hall took up the same area as the today's building. In 1830, part of the old town hall was demolished without any compelling reason just because the roof was damaged.
August 1, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!