The Jagdschlösschen consists of the barrel cellar built into the rock and a hall above it ("dance hall"), which is preceded by three small anteriors and ancillary rooms. The external appearance of the building is characterized by the rusticated facade design, high arched windows and tail gables on the north and south sides. The north facade is designed as the main show side, there is a more elaborate gable, a portal to the barrel cellar with side niches and a balcony. This was originally adorned with an elaborate grille from Gröningen, which was still there in remnants around 1957/58, but was modernly replaced during the restoration of the castle. The archaic character of the building is enhanced by the side walling that extends beyond the width of the building and the integrated columns (Spolia from Gröningen). Inside the gable and above the northern portal to the cellar vault, three round windows each take up a motif from the Spiegel family coat of arms.Source: halberstadt.de/de/jagdschloss-104140003405/jagdschloss-spiegelsberge.html
October 18, 2020
In April 1782 the Jagdschlösschen between the Saldern'schen and Rochow'schen grottoes was completed.
The main reason for the construction seems to have been the transfer of the large wine barrel from the Gröningen Castle to the Spiegelsberge.
Individual sources suspect that the royal master builder J. C. Huth (1726 - 1804), whose area of responsibility was also responsible for looking after the dilapidated castle in Gröningen and who was at least involved in the construction of the Hermitage on behalf of Spiegel, was found to have been mediated.
October 11, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.