The origins of the church go back to the collegiate church of Ettersburg monastery in the 11th century. After the abandonment of the monastery and decline from 1525, a new chapter began in 1865 with the construction of the church in the neo-Gothic style.
December 16, 2016
The church building goes back to the choir of the former collegiate church in Ettersburg monastery from the 11th century. The monastery was abandoned in 1525 and turned into a domain. In the Peasants' War in 1525 the monastery was destroyed and the stones were removed. In 1865 the church was rebuilt in neo-Gothic style by Karl Alexander (Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach) and his wife Sophie. For the story an excerpt from Wikipedia.
May 13, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!