The three-aisled pillared basilica is located in the idyllic Marlygarten, directly on the Green Grid. Built in 1845 at the request of Frederick William IV and completed in 1854, it contains, among other things, the Royal Crypt, which houses the remains of King Frederick William IV and his wife Elisabeth. In addition to services, there are also music events. Opening hours at present: 16.04.15 - 31.10.15 open daily
May 1, 2015
The models in Rome are well-known: the tower is an almost exact copy of Santa Maria in Cosmedin (between Tiber and Circo Massimo), the church itself is the Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano (komoot.de/highlight 158418). The mosaic in the dome dates from the 13th century and is an Italian original, the F.W.IV. bought in Venice.
June 5, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!