The place is named after the count Hanau mountain judge Adam Jäger, who founded here in 1602 an ironworks. The French industrialist family de Dietrich acquired the iron hammer in 1684. There the Schwarzbach was trigger of an industrialization. In Jaegerthal, the ruins of the first ironworks of De Dietrich are reminiscent of industrial development. Parts of the old buildings can be visited and are freely accessible.
February 12, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.