Between Röder- and Galgentor is one of the most beautiful half-timbered houses in Rothenburg. The building is a loving replica, 1945 it was completely destroyed in an air raid. Since 1951 it radiates old splendor with its delicate gable, the pretty windows and the colorful coat of arms. The coat of arms with the crowned serpent is a creation of the legendary Gerlach blacksmith Georg Gerlach himself. Since 1967 the smithy has been closed and has been privately owned ever since.
October 17, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!