Today I hiked the stage from Melchow to Lauenberg in the "best route" variant. Up to the Gamengrund it is rather better average, whereby the improvements are still the most beautiful. From the Gamengrund it will be a bit nicer, but not as spectacular as the following stage, which I hiked last Sunday.
about 6 hours ago
Dear hiking friends,
this time I would like to animate you to a very special hiking event, which I worked out together with the komoot community management, based on events that were already running in Berlin and Munich. In view of the restrictive external circumstances, the aim is to strengthen the cohesion of the community and to set up a joint virtual tour. The principle is as follows: At the start I hike a tour from A to B, one of you then hikes from B to C, the next person from C to D etc. I hope we can make it by June 21st to realize a tour as a 'virtual hiking group' every day. This event should be about participants from the Erfurt / Weimar / Jena area, of course you can also travel to contribute a stage. Which route you hike and how long it is entirely up to you, you just have to take your own starting point from the end point of your respective predecessor. It is definitely not a question of 'higher-faster-further' and measuring your strength, but that each participant is actually part of the matter and makes his or her individual contribution to the overall result.-----The following rules apply:
- for sure this is a 'fun event', please go about it with the necessary seriousness and think in terms of community
- Your stage should be at least three kilometers long, there is no limit to the top, but please do not overdo it
- please only contribute A-to-B stages, no round trips
- The destination of your stage should be easily accessible by local or regional public transport. This helps you as well as the person who has to continue at the point.
- After completing your stage, please submit it to komoot online as soon as possible and add me as a participant so that the following person has enough time to plan your own stage and I can add the tour to the collection created for it. You can then edit images, etc.To allocate the 'slots', i.e. the daily allocations:I set up a doodle at: doodle.com/poll/wv9egks8pzz36chaIf you are interested in this campaign, please register there. You only enter the name under which you are active at komoot, I do not need any further data. Pick your desired day and send the form. The following applies: first come, first served and free choice. Please only grab a free 'slot' if you actually intend to hike your stage that day.
I will start on June 12th. starting in Stadtilm, you can then from 13.06. until June 21 continue. Should you still not be able to meet your specified date, send me an email to email@example.com so that I can share the day with other interested parties. If necessary, I will step in for short-term failures so that the chain does not break.-----I am looking forward to your feedback and hope that numerous participants will be there. I sent an invitation to some of you who I follow and who are hiking in the Erfurt / Weimar / Jena area to this virtual event. All others who read here are of course also invited. As always, you are welcome to share your opinion and ask questions here in the comments or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgHere are the previous commitments and participants:
06/12 Thomas from EF
13/06 Karin Nitzschmann
14.06. Mountain witch
June 15 Blumie
June 16 Romy
06/18 soul blind
06/19 Claudia Salzwedel
06/20 🥾 P
06/21 Olaf 1 / OmegaExcellent! We are complete.
6 days ago
Since my time budget was a bit tight today, I went back to Kranichfeld to hike the big circular hike with number 3. The innkeeper from Riechheimer Berg said that the crane paths are only for people who want to scrub many kilometers. In fact, the round rattles off all the highlights, but the paths weren't that special. In the end, I had to shorten the round in the southern section due to mistakes in my planning and lack of time, because the round would have been longer and I would not have been able to get the bus to Erfurt.
6 days ago
Since there was no top weather today, I chose a stage that did not get the highest rating from Manfred Reschke. In the second half, there were some critical sections from Kummersdorf (straight-straight slab path 3 km long, busy country road with crash barriers), so that the tour dragged on quite a bit towards the end. But the first half is good.
May 23, 2020
After having to maintain social contacts yesterday, I had time for hiking again today. This stage did not really inspire me and has some weak points, such as the overlapping use of a heavily frequented bicycle path in front of Fürstenwalde and the moderate connection paths between Fürstenwalde and the Rauener mountains. The latter is the most beautiful section of the tour; including a 40 meter high observation tower. The natural sections at the beginning along the Müggelspree also please.
May 22, 2020
Gehe gerne wandern in Thüringen und den angrenzenden Regionen.