Ludwigkirchplatz was named after St. Ludwig's Church in 1895. The construction of the mighty neo-Gothic basilica was initiated by the politician Ludwig Windthorst. Unmistakable 70 meters high is the tower of the brick building. In the years 1895 to 1897, the church was built and was named after Windthorst's patron saint Louis IX, the Holy King of France. To the west of St. Ludwig there is a green area with symmetrical lawns and borders as well as a fountain, benches and the sculpture of St. Louis.
March 2, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.