The three tombs, which stand out on the hill-Schlossberg dominate from 591m altitude the Alsatian plain. They were built in the 11th and 12th centuries.
In the middle, the Wahlenbourg, the oldest. In the north, the Dagsbourg, in the south, the wake, built in the 12th century.
The Wahlburg: The oldest of the three castles on a Romanesque look-out built in 1006 by the Count, Hugh IV, Eguisheim and his wife, Heilwige, Countess of Dabo. In 1026 the castle was destroyed by Duke Ernest of Swabia.
This building had three different parts. On the upper part, the count's quarters, in the middle, the service personnel and the officers and at the very bottom, the soldiers were accommodated. There were also the stables. The Dagsbourg: They were built in 1144 by the Count of Ferrette and destroyed in 1197, after the uprising of Philip of Swabia, brother of the Emperor, against Emperor Henry VI the Weckmund: In the year In 1225 and after the death of the last direct descendant of the Earl of Dabo-Eguisheim, the Ferrette became the next heirs. But the Bishop of Strasbourg claimed this legacy, went to war and raided the castles of High Eguisheim. the then ruler, Henry, King of Germany, united with the Earl of Ferrette and from 1226 to 1227 a tower was built in place of the lower court to prevent entry to the castle. It was Friden again. The bishop kept the castle Dagsburg and the alarm clock went back to the Count of Ferrette.
The castles were destroyed in 1466 during the 6 Denar Kriges.
August 13, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.