The first church was probably already in the 13./14. Century built. In 1486 the church in Weihenzell was mentioned for the first time in a document, 1490 it is called for the first time as Jakobskirche. The oldest part of today's Jakobskirche is the four-storey Gothic tower, which dates from the 14th or 15th century. After the turmoil of the Thirty Years' War, the nave finally had to be demolished in 1712/1713 due to dilapidation and rebuilt. The new church was built slightly offset next to the old tower. The hall building with the choir pulled in was designed in the Baroque style of the time. The baroque altar probably dates from the second quarter of the 18th century. In 1831 he received a new altarpiece depicting the resurrection of Jesus. Two angels above the altarpiece on each side of the Margrave's coat of arms point to the crucified, whose representation closes the altar upwards.
September 17, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.