Road Cycling Highlight
In 1155, the castle was first mentioned in a document by a "Sigefridus de Anstele". The owner of the castle was called in the middle of the 12th century a family "de Anstele", who called themselves from 1209 "Knights of Anstel" and after 1270 only "miners".
In 1371, the archbishop of Cologne entrusted the miners of Anstel, Heinrich with the beard, with the castle, which then called itself "von Anstel".
Around 1400 the castle came by purchase to Heinrich von Siegenhofen, whose family owned the castle to extinction in the male line and their descendants sold them to Theodor Jochemich around 1911 and remained until today in the possession of the Jochemich family, who in 1722 in a baroque residential complex in Rebuilt unchanged building stock.
September 19, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.