This Highlight is in a protected area
Please check local regulations for: CHKO Lužické hory
A great view is up here.
The Pfaffenstein was developed for climbing in 1893. In 1907, the mountain club in Lückendorf made the rock accessible with an iron staircase. A year later, a small wooden shelter was built at the foot of the rock by the Lückendorf mountain club, which bore the name "Hugo-Hütte". It was named after Hugo Lubisch senior. from Lückendorf, a successful drilling engineer and deep drilling contractor. Only the remains of the foundation can be seen today. Even today, the Pfaffenstein is an important climbing destination. Nineteen climbing routes up to difficulty IXa (Saxon scale) lead to the summit. At the beginning of 1934, the rock on the summit came loose and threatened to fall. Members of the German Mountain Association for the Jeschken and Iser Mountains therefore secured the rock with a wall made of sandstone blocks. Sandstone used to be quarried south-east of the Pfaffenstein. Southwest are some iron ore mining sites.
September 11, 2022
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!