Stations of the Cross to St. Michaelskapelle by Walter Mellmann 2008
Fourteen granite steles with bronze plaques by the Osnabrück artist line the way to the St. Michaelskapelle. Already in 1902 there were Stations of the Cross, which weathered over time. In 2008, the completely redesigned Way of the Cross was inaugurated.
The chapel was first mentioned in 975. 1298 stood there a hermitage. Several times the chapel was destroyed and rebuilt. 1720 was a new building in the late Gothic style, as it still exists today.
Source: Prospectus of the Heimatverein Abenheim
March 21, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.