The horseshoe-shaped, three-storey structure of the castle in Dietlas in the Feldatal was once a medieval moated castle.
Already in 1376 a castle is occupied here, which was first called Kemenate and then from 1416 as a castle. In 1626, this water castle passed to the lords of Buttlar. They also seemed to have been the ones who gave the castle the name "Feldeck". The outer walls of the buildings are still largely from the Middle Ages. However, the tower and bastion were removed in the years 1950 to 1952 during the conversion to a children's sanatorium.
The castle is now privately owned and can not be visited.
June 11, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!