Bike Touring Highlight
The Trinity Church in Hamburg-Allermöhe is picturesquely situated on the Allermöher dike on the Dove Elbe.As early as 1331, a church in Allermöhe was mentioned for the first time in connection with the sale of church bells. However, there are only speculations about the location and construction of this church. Secured is a church dedicated to the Apostle Peter as the predecessor of today's church. From this building is still the squat wooden belfry obtained, the oldest parts of which date from before 1580, and is considered the oldest surviving structure of the Marschlande.The still standing single-nave brick building by the architect Simon Lange dates from 1611 to 1614, and was consecrated on 2 February 1614. The half-timbered hall, with its wooden barrel roof and five-sided choir, is a building type commonly found in the churches of the Vier- und Marschlande. The church was twice slightly altered in the 18th century, in 1750 the complete south wall was rebuilt with the strikingly the entire south wall with the striking bulky box cornice.
The largest repair took place in the years 1900 to 1901 under the direction of Hugo Groothoff.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreieinigkeitskirche_(Hamburg-Allerm%C3%B6he)
March 5, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!