The cemetery chapel was inaugurated on March 28, 1909 after only 4 months of construction.
On October 13, 1908, the Royal Consistory of the Province of Brandenburg had set the opening of the churchyard on April 1, 1909 - of course, should also be on this date, the chapel in operation.
Its builder, the architect Gustav Werner, created it on the model of the Norwegian stave churches, of which, however, it differs significantly. The cemetery chapel was erected in contrast to the northern chapels not in vertical bar construction, but in horizontal block construction.
May 10, 2018
A wonderful interior, beautiful details on the facade and also the rear shows its best side.
Typical architectural wish of the imperial era, think of the Kongsnaes sailor station in Potsdam and the Joachimsthal / Werbellinsee imperial train station.
October 17, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.