In the middle of the old town on the Lindauer island is the Old Town Hall. Built from 1422 to 1436 in Gothic style, the house was later adapted to the style of the Renaissance. Striking stepped gables and the splendid, richly painted façade make the Old Town Hall one of Lindau's most important sights. On the north and south sides of the building are scenes of the German Reichstag, which met here in 1496.
The former Imperial Library with Bible manuscripts and valuable testimonies of the past - more than 23,000 works from the 15th century to the present - is housed on the ground floor of the Old Town Hall. Meanwhile, this treasure, vividly prepared, is also accessible to the general public.
On the upper floors of the house are several rooms that are ideal for meetings, lectures, seminars, concerts and social events. The historic ambience of the Gothic halls, which are among the most beautiful in the Lake Constance region and can accommodate a total of up to 250 people, offers an exclusive setting for events of all kinds.
September 22, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!