When Franz-Georg von Metternich-Ochsenhausen sold Burg Reinhardstein in 1812, her fate seemed sealed. The castle was henceforth used as a quarry. What remained of the construction 150 years later, enthused Professor Overloop. The scholar had the ruin from 1970 rebuilt stone after stone. As a model he used comparable buildings in the nearby Eifel. Today, Reinhardstein Castle is once again enthroned as proudly as at its peak on the rocky spur. Inside the castle is a stately collection of furniture, weapons and tapestries that can be visited.
June 7, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!