The St. Luzi Chapel (also common St. Luziuskapelle, not to be confused with the nearby St. Luziuskirche) is located at about 960 meters altitude, about 45 minutes walk from the courtyard (in the old town), on a hiking trail above the Schanfiggerstrasse in a rocky grotto on the Mittenberg in the Grisons main town Chur. It is under the patronage of the Luzius of Chur and is owned by the St. Lucy Seminary of the Theological College Chur.The first mention of a place of worship on the site of today's chapel on March 23, 1385th The visit of the place was connected to this day with a granted by the Bishop of Chur John II von Ehingen indulgence. The chapel itself was built after the end of the Bündner Verwren between 1645 and 1660.In 1672 the chapel was robbed. The case caused a great sensation throughout Grisons, as it ran contrary to the efforts of political consolidation and denominational pacification after the devastation of the war. The perpetrator, Georgius Salis from Jenins and residing in Chur, could be identified. He was punished with life exile from the Free State of the Three Frets.In 1976, the chapel was restored by students of the seminary. In the same year it was handed over again by the bishop Johannes Vonderach to the worship service.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Luzikapelle
July 31, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.