Bike Touring Highlight
The first lighthouse was built in 1907 on the Klintbarg. The building consists of a rectangular guardhouse with a large lighting room upstairs. The first operated with a kerosene lamp beacon was electrified in 1926. The identifier was generated with an otter aperture.Six years after its commissioning, the Imperial Navy built the torpedo research center Eckernförde directly under the lighthouse. The lead sector now led directly through the torpedo shooting range. As the lighthouse was not easily relocated, a warning sector was temporarily set up. This transitional solution did not change until 1986, when more than seventy years later a new lighthouse was built. The last lighthouse keeper left the building on September 30, 1986. The rooms were then converted into apartments for employees of the water and shipping offices.Copyright Wikipedia
June 25, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!