Between 1863 and 1865, the architect Louis-Michael Boltz built the hall from brick and sandstone. Inside, the roof is supported by a steel frame on cast iron columns.
This is a typical construction for the Second Empire under Napoleon III.
The original main entrances are on the canal side. So the farmers could drive directly to the market hall with their barges and unload their vegetables conveniently. Today the loading ramps are used for lush flower decorations along the leeks.
About 20 traders have their stalls here, selling fruit and vegetables, meat, sausage products, cheese, bakery-confectionery, fishery and other local delicacies.
It also has a small restaurant inside and on the terrace over the leeks.
Very clean and well-kept, the selection of cheeses is sensational.
September 6, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.