Around 1350, the round digging tower was topped up and integrated into the ring wall - its considerable height served to gain a clear view of the lowlands of the Igelsbach stream and the Erlbacher Grund. However, it was built at the beginning of the 14th century.Its name was given to the prison tower by its function: here murderers and felons were lowered on a rope and starved there - after their death, the bodies of the dead rot.It is not open to the public, except for passage through the defensive wall.
May 28, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!