As "Langer bridge" he was built in 1320/25 to connect the two halves of the city of Nuremberg, Sebald and Lorenz. The Henkersteg today bridges the southern Pegnitzarm and leads from the Unschlitthaus to the western part of the flea market, directly to the Henkerturm. It owes its name to the hangman's apartment in this tower. In the spring of 1595 the Henkersteg, together with eight onlookers, fell victim to the devastating flood.
January 2, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!