Schloß und Schlosspark Holdenstedt

Bike Touring Highlight

Created by komoot users
Recommended by 31 out of 35 cyclists

Tips

  • Sachsen Onkel

    The castle was built in 1700-1709 in baroque style. Unfortunately, the facade was altered structurally in 1840. Owner is the city of Uelzen, which has housed the local museum there.

    translated byView Original
    • April 8, 2017

  • Outside

    Everything you need to know in advance such as events, opening times, coffee can be found here ...
    schloss-holdenstedt.de/index.html

    translated byView Original
    • November 19, 2016

  • Siegfried LG

    Holdenstedt Castle may have had its best times. The coffee is closed and renovation is necessary. The city of Uelzen has been the owner for over 30 years, after the previous owners had gone bankrupt. The local history museum has been housed there since 1985. The city would rather leave the renovation work to private investors, so buyers are now being sought. (Status 2014)

    The castle was built in this form at the beginning of the 18th century by the von der Wense family and lived in it for generations before an anthroposophical society acquired the castle. When she was insolvent in the early 1980s, the city jumped in and bought the castle.

    How to proceed is open. But it is worth visiting the castle and the castle park. It conveys a certain, even ailing charm.

    Source:
    az-online.de/uelzen/stadt-uelzen/schloss-holdenstedt-schnaeppchen-3475088.html
    burgerbe.de/2014/04/03/wer-will-schloss-holdenstedt-kaufen
    schloss-holdenstedt.de

    translated byView Original
    • September 25, 2017

  • Siegfried LG

    The current state of the park is not the result of uniform concepts, as early pictures show. The surrounding parkland in the English style has gradually emerged over the course of a century.

    The moat created at the end of the 18th century was filled up. Today only the Hardau, a small heather creek, flows past the castle. A former owner acquired the old wrought-iron city gate in Veerß, which today forms the park gate.

    The pavilion in the back of the park originally stood in a private garden on Veerßer Straße, Uelzen.

    When the new building of the Kreissparkasse Uelzen (now: Sparkasse Uelzen) was built on the property in 1971, the pavilion was first stored and then rebuilt in 1988 in the palace park.

    The castle cafe is unfortunately closed until further notice.

    Source:
    schloss-holdenstedt.de/schloss.html

    translated byView Original
    • September 24, 2017

  • Hans Rehm

    In the late summer of 2020 everything will look abandoned and vacant. Café is empty.

    translated byView Original
    • September 1, 2020

In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!

Top Touring Cycling Routes to Schloß und Schlosspark Holdenstedt

Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.

Location: Lüneburg Heath, Lower Saxony, Germany

Information

  • Elevation100 m

Most Visited During

  • Jan
  • Feb
  • Mar
  • Apr
  • May
  • Jun
  • Jul
  • Aug
  • Sep
  • Oct
  • Nov
  • Dec

Weather Forecast - Lüneburg Heath