Bike Touring Highlight
Presumably, the founding of the Holdenstedter mill dates back to the construction of the Burgplatz der der Holdenstede in the 12th or 13th century. Mentioned in documents but it is only since 1646. Muller have probably never had much on their lease mill: wedged between the castle and Gerdau, on the left bank of the former large gardens of the castle were in the mill wood. The space for his outbuildings or garden areas on the mill island, he had to literally win by real "land reclamation" of Hardau. Used in the 18th century as a grain, oil and bakery mill, in the 19th century a sawing gate was set up next to the grain mill. With the construction of today's mill building in 1908, the mill received turbine drive. Until their closure in 1964, they drove two turbines. In the late 1970s, the mill was converted into a residential building, whereby the building was completely gutted. In the former home of the Mühlenhof, the Heimatmuseum Uelzen shows its archaeological department.Source:
September 24, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.