One of the first buildings prisoners had to erect in 1937 was the gatehouse. It served as the main watchtower of the 23 watchtowers; a machine gun was enthroned on top of him, which could bombard the entire mustering area. All announcements of the SS were made through the loudspeakers of the gatehouse. In the left wing of the building was the camp prison, the dreaded "bunker"; the right wing contained the offices of the Schutzhaftlagerführer SS.
July 16, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!