Hiking Highlight (Segment)
Many people have always lived on the Mühlenhof. In the past it was the workers, clerks and apprentices who populated the farm, today it is the families who live in the two large houses on the property for rent. The inner courtyard enclosed by the buildings forms the ideal space for a variety of encounters and activities.The "Südscheune" is one of the two housesSource: scheesseler-muehle.de
August 19, 2021
The history of the Scheeßel watermill begins with a fabulous tradition: a "bad miller" who was in a dispute with the pastor of the St. Lucas church near the mill wanted to damage it and closed the mill weir in order to use the backwater to close the church to flood. His wicked actions were severely punished - the mill dam broke and the roaring water swept his mill away.In 1507 the mill was rebuilt at its current location on the Wümme. During the Thirty Years' War, the mill was destroyed again by imperial troops and then rebuilt. The mill at that time had two water wheels.
August 23, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!