Since the old hunting lodge on the Wurzelberg Meadow was destroyed towards the end of the 2nd World War, a small block house was built as a replacement just below the meadow next to a spring, which has been preserved to this day through the commitment of nature lovers. It serves as a hideaway for hikers when the root mountain shows its stormy side. A memorial stone with a plaque commemorates that the water of the spring once fed a fish pond, which was created in 1740.
Source: Katzhütte community
November 17, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!