The former monastery property of the Hildesheim Charterhouse, the so-called Röderhof was first mentioned in 1382. To him belongs the half-timbered chapel from 1670, which was consecrated to St. Antony. The estate is located in a depression in which the Carthusians created three fish ponds still existing in the Middle Ages. In the 1960s, in addition to the estate, a curative education facility, the Heimstatt Röderhof, was planned and built. This was opened in 1971 and expanded in 1987 and 1996. In the southern area of the estate, which continues to be farmed, are the convent buildings of the "Benedictine Community of St. Romuald" (Röderhof 1, former youth meeting place), whose monastery grounds also include the St. Anthony Chapel.Known is the Röderhof and the landscape for the annually held during the summer holidays tent camp. For more than 100 years camping is already on Röderhof. The camping at the Röderhof will continue even after the closure of the Youth Meeting Center in 2013 with the support of the Heimer Röderhof.Source: Wikipedia
September 19, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!