Road Cycling Highlight
The Rodensteiner Hof is listed as a cultural monument in Bensheim an der Bergstrasse. It is an old Adelshof. The Rodensteiner Hof is located outside the former city wall (Auerbacher Tor). It is believed that already in 1570 stood at this point a residential building. This came into the possession of the Lords of Rodenstein, who came from Franconian Crumbach. The noble family died in 1671 and the building came into the possession of the family von Haxthausen. It then sold it in 1698 to the Mainz Privy Councilor Johann Martin Ludwig von Schleiffras. Only seven years later (1705) he sold it to the Darmstadt Lieutenant General Johann Rudolf von Pretlack. Until 1733 remained of Pretlack in Bensheim. Subsequently, the Rodensteiner court went into the possession of the Palatine Privy Council, Hofkammer and Oberforst Director Franz Caspar of Überbruck and Rodenstein. The family from Überbruck came from Lorraine to the mountain road. She had Germanized her French name d'Oultepont. From the emperor they got the permission to lead the title "Noble of Rodenstein". About the former size and the appearance of the farm estate nothing is handed down. It is believed that under Pretlack or by Überbruck until 1739, a seven-axle main building on today's Darmstädter Straße was created. It is assumed that older buildings were used. From 1842 on, his son Johann Heinrich Adam presumably had to carry out another expansion to the south and east. From 1984 to 1989 the entire building complex remained unused. In September 1990, a private investor buys the Rodensteiner Hof and completely restructures it until 1992. Today, the Rodensteiner Hof is home to offices, a café and apartmentsde.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodensteiner_Hof
September 16, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.