First mentioned in a document is Haus Nesselrath in 1303 as a fief of the Abbey of Deutz. In the documents the castle is called both Nesselrath, as well as Nesselrode. Both final syllables are toponyms for grubbing. The originally two-part Wasserburg was built around 1300 by the Bergischen ministerial nobility Nesselrode and inhabited. 1511 acquired the noble family Ketteler the knight's seat and built the castle in 1536 fundamentally.
August 18, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!