The Rohns'sche Badehaus is located in Göttingen in Cheltenhampark, near the Stadthalle and was built from 1819 to 1820 in the classical style and opened in the last-mentioned year. It was the first of the (male) public accessible bathhouse in Göttingen. It has a frieze depicting the Greek gods Asklepios and Hygieia. The bathhouse was canceled 1972/73 because of dilapidatedness and rebuilt in old form.
Christian Friedrich Andreas Rohns was an architect and contractor involved in some of Göttingen's buildings planning or creating: Old refectory and auditorium on Wilhelmsplatz, the prison, the bone mill direction Herberhausen and he drilled for the Saline Luisenhall to salt.
February 25, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!