The Liebfrauenkirche has been an important place of pilgrimage for ages, because miracles were attributed to the life-size image of the Madonna from 1460. According to legend, the monks served pilgrims the wine that grew around the church. It felt so good to the pilgrims as if they tasted "the milk of our dear lady". The 14.3 hectare site was then named "Liebfraumilch" and started making its way into the world. The P.J. Valckenberg, founded in 1786, was instrumental in this.
April 7, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.