"In the upper Muttental near Witten, there were two other hard coal deposits named" Mausegatt "and" Mausegatt Unterbank "below the seams of Anclam and Arrival, and the three men Johann Dürholt, Johann Kickut and Peter Hilby wanted to dismantle them and so they mutinied on both seams in 1770 on.
The three trades were entrusted on 08.05.1772 under the new seam name Stettin and Neuglück. The union put in 1811 a tonnlägigen shaft (the Wilhelmschacht), which reached a short time later the Johannes Erbstollen. The 1.40-meter-thick coal bank was first brought to light with a reel. Thereafter, in 1830, the union put on the 57 Lachter deep Wilhelmshacht a Pferdegöpel. The horse operator received during the year 1833 for the promotion of 100 bushels of hard coal 19 silver groschen. The coal was brought by carters for sale south to Bergisches Land. When the coal reserves under the Wilhelmshaft were exhausted in 1843, 300 meters to the east a new tonnage shaft was dumped. This new shaft had the name Gerhardschacht and was also sunk to the Johannesstollensohle. The mouth of the Szczecin mining tunnel shown here dates from this period. The Pferdegöpel was also laid and rebuilt on the new shaft. In 1845, 16 miners were employed at the Neuglück and Szczecin mine.
Six years later (1851), the coal was mined in the lent pit field of the Szczecin mine, so that the operation ended. The Göpel was demolished and sold. Today only the Stollenmundloch reminds of the old colliery Szczecin. "Source: 7grad.org/Exkursionen/NRW/Muttental/Stollen_Stettin/stollen_stettin.html
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!