Built in 1904, this private chapel stands on the shore almost at the end of the lake's path. The church was part of one of the last events of World War II: 137 political prisoners were rounded up from concentration camps in Germany on the orders of the SS commander, who hoped to trade them for his safety. The exchange took place at the Hotel Pragser Wildsee, on the shores of the lake, and the liberated prisoners bathed in the chapel.
July 6, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!