The Fleetschlösschen is a historic building and belongs to the ensemble of the Speicherstadt in Hamburg. It is located at the junction Brooktorkai / St. Annen Bridge, is a listed building and has been a World Heritage Site Speicherstadt since July 2015. In the list of monuments Hamburg the house is led as a toilet building.Until 1869 stood on the site of today's Fleetschlösschen the built in 1566 St. Annen Chapel, which had been built as a funeral chapel for the St. Annen cemetery.This burial site belonged to the parish of St. Catherine and took the victims of the plague epidemic of 1564, which found no place in the inner city cemeteries. In 1812, the cemetery was repealed. In 1869, the chapel and cemetery had to give way to the widening of the access roads to Sandtorkai and the construction of the Speicherstadt in 1883. In 1888, even Kaiser Wilhelm II is said to have visited the opening of the first phase of the construction.Today's Fleetschlösschen was built at the end of the 19th century as the second building of the Speicherstadt complex in the neo-gothic style typical of the ensemble right on the Fleet. It has direct water access; three pillars form the base of the building.At that time the area belonged to the free port and thus to the customs area. The Fleetschlösschen initially served customs as a service building to control the barges and to register the goods that were transported from the tall ships to the merchant's storage floors.When the majority of the port was relocated to the southern side of the Elbe, the house was given a new use and was used by the Hamburg Fire Brigade as a fire station. Later, the building served first as a toilet house, then as a coffee hatch for the dockers.In 2004, the warehouse complex "Speicherstadt" became possible due to the relocation of the free-border border and thus a civilian use of the building. Since the same year, the building is used as a "Fleetschlösschen" gastronomic. In the restaurant hangs a large historical clock, which was formerly on the opposite administrative building of the Office of Power and Harbor Construction (today "Old Port Authority Hamburg") of today's "Hamburg Port Authority" (HPA). She was rescued by the tenant Christian Oehler at the demolition.Source:
September 3, 2017
In the middle of Hamburg's Speicherstadt is the small Fleetschlösschen at Holländisch-Brook-Fleet. In the former Customs Guard is now a restaurant that combines with a lot of charm both cafe, bistro and bar together.
Already Kaiser Wilhelm II was here - in 1888 for the solemn inauguration of the Speicherstadt. The Emperor used the small showpiece to drive from there to Baumwall by barge. Today, the small Fleetschlösschen is a popular place from destination. It is located right between the Speicherstadt and the new HafenCity ─ directly on Holländischbrookfleet, a waterway in the Speicherstadt. At that time the Fleetschlösschen a customs building, but in the meantime a pure coffee flap: Today there is delicious breakfast here! From the small hunger to coffee and cake and many other goodies. It is particularly nice in the summer months, when you can enjoy cheap dishes like Wrap Rolls outside with the best view.
May 25, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.