In the Uhlenbachtal, about 1.8 km north of Siptenfelde, a district of the city Harzgerode, are the sparse remains of a fortified medieval complex. The plant, whose ruins were excavated by Friedrich Maurer in 1888, is partly in the grounds of the forest house Uhlenstein and in the adjacent forest and on the neighboring meadow. The forestry site bears the field name "Münchehöfe" and is often described in connection with the excavation at that time as the Ottonian "Jagdhof" Siptenfelde in the research on the regional history of the Lower Harz. In the forest house is currently the Revierförsterei Harzgerode.Source:
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!