Around 1200, the castle was owned by the Lords of Bolanden Layen, in the 14th century, the plant was a Ganerbenburg. In 1772, Elector Karl Theodor von der Pfalz bought the place with the castle ruins. Preserved are the round Romanesque keep, parts of the ring wall with a smaller round tower and a gable wall with chimneys of a residential building of the 16th century in the former bailey. Since 1802 the castle is owned by the Diel family.
August 20, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!