The chapel in the Old Castle in Laxenburg was first mentioned in a document in 1332. According to this documentary mention, the castle chapel is the oldest church in Laxenburg.
The chapel was redesigned in baroque style in 1755. A bricked-up Gothic window in a rectangular tracery frame from the second half of the 15th century can be seen on the courtyard front. The original ashlar masonry was uncovered in 1982.
March 14, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!