The court marshal's office, the building with the column passage, was the seat of the economic administrator at the time.
The rotunda housed horse stables and an orangery.
The two head buildings were the gentleman's houses.
They were used as guest and servant houses.
The buildings were built between 1803 and 1815.
The park and palace administration is now located in the northern Kavaliershaus.
During the GDR era from 1951, the complex was used as a forestry school, later in 1958 it was converted into an agricultural engineering school.
From 5.10. In 1992, TÜV Thüringen e. V. has a technical academy in the building and offers courses and retraining in the field of occupational safety and landscaping.
Since 2015, the information center of the development association has been located in the passage of the main gate with exhibition rooms for the restoration of the castle, the history of Altenstein, the ducal house and the region around the Altenstein, where information material can also be purchased.
There is a small museum with historical exhibits on the upper floor.(Source: nothnfr.de)
October 1, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.