The Fasanenschlösschen is one of the oldest buildings in Karlsruhe. It is located in the Richard-Willstätter-Allee and today houses the Forestry Education Center (FBZ).In 1711, even before the laying of the foundation stone of the Karlsruhe Palace and the founding of Karlsruhe, Margrave Karl Wilhelm commissioned a game park in the Hardtwald, the Fasanengarten. In 1714 he first had a wooden hunting lodge built. 1764/1765 this was replaced by Margrave Karl Friedrich by today's Fasanenschlösschen. The architect of the castle was Albrecht Friedrich von Kesslau.
The Fasanenschlösschen includes the two Chinese tea houses. The Chinese style corresponded to a fashion in the romance. For the Federal Garden Show 1967, the exterior facades of the building were faithfully restored.The pheasantry, which temporarily housed more than 3,000 pheasants, was dissolved in 1866 for cost reasons.In 1926 the Badische Forstschule moved in.(Https://ka.stadtwiki.net)
January 29, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!