The Harz Cross of the German East was northeast and slightly below the summit of about 2 km southeast of Bad Harzburg (Goslar, Lower Saxony) located Uhlenköpfe (555.4 m above sea level) on the Uhlenklippe on June 24, 1950 in the presence of Ernst Reuter inaugurated. The 20.5-meter-high wooden cross crashed, now ailing, on 4 March 1998 in a hurricane. On 30 September 2000, a new, 17.7 m high and 6.3 m wide steel cross, which is partially covered with wood, inaugurated. The construction costs amounted to 180,000 DM. The cross is included as No. 122 in the system of the postmarks of the Harzer hiking aristocracy; the stamp box hangs on a refuge near the cross. 🤗
March 29, 2018
The cross of the German east is a waypoint with history: this meal is to commemorate the Germans who had to leave their homes during and after the Second World War. It is one of many "East Crosses" in Germany, which were set up by associations of displaced persons.
July 22, 2017
Here you can also find the stamp office 122 of the HWN. The First Cross was erected in 1950. Unfortunately it was destroyed by a storm in 1998. Today's Cross was built in 2000, weighs 6 tons and is about 18 meters high. It is also worth the little way to go around the cross. Here are the stones of the old lands.
October 8, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.