Former castle, first mentioned in 1363. The present-day facility with bailey and a mansion surrounded by moats dates from 1758 to 1760.
After changing ownership, the castle was bought by Wipperfürth County in 1928 and sold in 1956 to the Adam Stegerwald Foundation, which converted it into a recreation center. In 1973, the manor house burned down and was rebuilt in Neo-Baroque style shortly thereafter.
Until 2017, the castle was owned by the Landschaftsverband Rheinland, housed the administration of the LVR Freilichtmuseum Lindlar and could be rented for seminars and conferences.
At the moment the castle grounds are closed because of building measures. Conversion to a palace clinic (burnout clinic).
October 24, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!