The open round temple with 12 ionic columns was built at the end of the 18th century near today's Waterlooplatz and moved in 1934/35 in the Georgengarten. This place on the small peninsula, with its reflections in the pond, looks like it was specially designed for the temple.Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz is considered the most important polymath of the Baroque and advised Elector Sophie in the design of the Great Garden. His bust of Carrara marble, which formerly stood in the Leibniz temple, is now located in the Technology Center Hannover (TCH). Since 2010, a copy has been the center of the Leibniz temple in Georgengarten.
February 1, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!