On the left side of the lake you can walk very nicely. On the right side you will be able to walk mainly on the street. I do not recommend that.
To the dam and the lake there are numerous Highligts with good explanations. On the lake itself a historical nature trail to build the wall on the left with five stations.
To the directions: In the direction of flow / seen down the valley.
May 27, 2019
- at Forbach in the northern Black Forest
- Nature Park Black Forest Central / North
- about 669 meters NN.
- About 2 km in length
- Reservoir + pumped storage power plant
- Starting point for various hikes, for example, a 6.5 km long loop around the reservoir
- Bathing on your own responsibility, it is tolerated by the operator of the energy company!
- Fishing (day ticket for example at the kiosk) possible
- Camping and camps on the lakeshore is not allowed
- Boat rental
- several parking spaces on the south side of the lake, along the L83
January 13, 2019
In addition to the natural tributaries, the Schwarzenbach reservoir is filled with water from the Biberach and the Hundsbach via a tunnel that is over 5 kilometers long. The water is then led from the reservoir over another tunnel and then through a pressure line to the powerhouse.
The current performance is shown on the left side of the dam.
On the left side of the lake are also a few explanatory boards along the lake. One learns e.g. how the wall was created with lake.
May 27, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!