When the old town was destroyed in 1945, the "Zum Bären" hotel was also destroyed. In 1957 the hotel "Bären" was built, which had a bear sculpture on the canopy. In 2005 the hotel was demolished.
The Hornberg tunnel, opened in 2006, made it possible to completely redesign the city center, including with the new Bärenplatz.
The bear found its new home in 2012 at the place named after it.
January 1, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.