The building is a three-aisled hall church with four bays and a retracted, three-bay choir with a five-eighth end from the period between 1475 and 1523. The exterior is characterized by buttresses and tracery windows. The main portal in a vestibule with timber frame walls is arranged on the second yoke on the north side from the west. The two-bay sacristy with arched curtain windows on the north side of the choir was added in 1521; it is vaulted with ribbed vaults on consoles and with plastic keystones. The upper floor for the library was added in 1712. The square west tower is off the axis is shifted from the axis of the ship to the south, its lower storeys date from the first half of the 13th century, the bell storey with large pointed arch openings, which were formerly decorated with tracery, from around 1500. The Welsche hood with lantern was built in the years 1703–1709. On the west side there is a keel arch portal with a pinnacle framing from the beginning of the 15th century. The interior of the church, which burned out in 1655 and 1678, was renovated in 1684–1686 by the council builder Christoph Herlitz.Source: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Lamberti_(Querfurt)p.s. Komoot does not include the ")" in the link, it still has to be inserted manually.
September 17, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!