The origin of the lookout tower on the Ebersnacken dates back to 1890. At that time, a survey tower was built on the highest point of the Vogler (460 m). With subsidies and a free delivery of wood through the district of Holzminden, the wooden scaffolding was upgraded to a 13 m high tower. If the view was blocked by trees until then, the hikers in the Vogler now had a worthwhile goal, because the view from the Ebersnacken is impressive: to the west to the Hermannsdenkmal near Detmold and to the east to the Brocken the view on clear days is enough.
The new tower was built in 1922 according to Prof. Dr. med. Named Dieckhoff. Dieckhoff was the author of the guide through the Upper Weser area, which appeared in several editions. After this tower collapsed in 1946, a new tower was built in 1960, which was completely renovated in 1990 and last restored in 2000. This 26 m high tower towers above all the treetops.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!