Bike Touring Highlight
The brick church was built around 1180-1220, but at the latest in the middle of the 13th century as a single nave apse hall on a mound. Originally it was a processional church.  The rectangular floor plan is 26.5 m × 10.5 m. In the pre-Reformation period, the church belonged to the provost Hatzum in the diocese of Münster, changed in the Reformation period to the Lutheran and 1640, no later than 1650 to the Reformed confession. The first reformed pastor was Albert Holthuis, who in 1641 gave a sermon in Ditzum (Wikipedia).
July 8, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.