The only bridge in Berlin, which was not completely destroyed during the Second World War. All others were blown up by German pioneers, with this this was not successful. Therefore, the Red Army had much easier to storm the so-called citadel around the Fiihrer bunker. Thus the battle shortened and many human lives were spared thereby.
January 18, 2019
It is named after Helmuth von Moltke, head of the Prussian General Staff from 1857 to 1888. It was built between 1886 and 1891 under the artistic direction of Otto Stahn. The damaged during the Second World War building was put back into operation in 1947 and extensively restored and modernized from 1983 to 1986.
July 19, 2018
The bridge, veneered with red sandstone, connects the Willy-Brandt-Straße (until January 1998: Moltkestraße) with the Alt-Moabit street and thus the government and parliament district in the Spreebogen in the Tiergarten district with the Moabiter Werder and the main train station in the district Moabit.
June 2, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!